Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Stay tuned for more detailed episode reviews!

Babar is a cartoon based on the classic children's books by Jean de Brunhoff. The characters are animated in the style of the book illustrations, which adds to the charm of this cartoon. Babar and Celeste's voices are stiff but pleasant enough. Alexander and Pom's voices are on the piercing side, which is where one of my moan factors comes in to play. The music is nicw but it didn't make my boys dance. As I've mentioned before, since we parents have to watch cartoons almost as much as our children, I believe they should be enjoyable or at least tolerable for us as well. Babar does not fiind this balance between making children and parents happy at the same time. While it did make Brody laugh and cheer at points, he wanted to read a book half way through the story. Babar is a half hour show containing one story. The thing I did not like about the show is the interaction between the brothers. I did not feel it was a positive interaction for my three year old to be watching. I give this show 2 remotes. Babar airs on qubo Channel. Go to www.qubo.com to see if you get qubo Channel. qubo shows also air on NBC, ION and Telemundo so please check your local listings!

No comments:

Post a Comment